REDISCOVER CARTOONING

Powerful images of a cartoon can be a quick and effective way to communicate one's idea. Humour touch with simplicity can connect best with many individuals. Through this blog, we hope one will be able to Rediscover the Power of Cartooning, embracing Greater Sense of Humour in Life!



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Raffles Girls Primary






My impression of teaching cartooning in Raffles Girls Primary is like going to a branded college. Although this is not the first girls school I have taught (I have taught in Nanyang Girls' High School and CHIJ sec before), this is the first girls primary school that I have stepped my foot in.

There are 5 sessions of 2 hours in my Rediscover Cartoon and Comics Making classes. In these workshop, they are taught the basis of cartoon and manga style drawing, drawing clothes, background, designing their characters to writing script and inking their comics page. Yes, all in a short 10 hours of lesson.

In the 5th session, we actually watched a cartoon movie (Laputa, The Castle In The Sky) together. They have a good time watching the movie, or perhaps it is myself who really enjoying the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment